Sunday 18 May 2014

A good week!


To me this looks like something out of a Sci Fi movie - but it's the pier at New Brighton, near Christchurch, taken by Phil on a recent visit.

I mentioned a while ago that I had forgotten my password for my iMac [actually I'm convinced it became corrupted when I tried to upgrade a Pop Up to enable me to watch videos......and that's the story I'm sticking to!] Everything's in working order now, I have a new password so all on the computer front at home is sweet - at the office is another matter!!

I had a most frustrating week recently when I upgraded to Seven.....probably the main trouble was a misunderstanding of what I expected to be done.  I thought I had instructed the IT man to install the new software and have it ready for me to use, all in working order including the ability of the wages programme to send emailed payslips - come Monday morning and I tried to do the wages, well actually I switched on and it couldn't find the mouse - I plugged in a non-wireless one - then it couldn't find the printer, so I dealt with that - then it wouldn't talk nicely to the bank - the help staff there are so good - then it couldn't send the emails or do a wireless backup..........by which time I called it a day :)

I now know why the IT industry is so large, it's definitely still a growth industry.

Usually it takes me longer to put half a dozen payslips in envelopes for the few who don't want theirs to come by email than it does to do the whole wage programme,

Handwork is so soothing........I've made a decent start on quilting the pictures my granddaughters drew on calico.  I machine quilted with a wavy line round each block, then it's just a question of having fun with their pictures -


Not quite sure what the first two creatures are, so anything goes...



the paint's pretty thick here......

Here's something that usually graces the wall of my sewing room -


it's quite small as you can judge by the size of the pins and the marks on the design cloth, this was done by one of the Shut-in Stitchers a few years ago; we were able to take in kitsets that were donated and pass them on to anyone interested.  The young woman who did this was one of the most meticulous stitchers I've every come across, both hand or machine work - you'll not be surprised to know that the back was as neat as the front.  I thought she would keep it for one of her family but she insisted on giving it to me to say thank you.

I've put together the green quilt previously shown as Rainforest, it's changed appearance two or three times but is now finished and quilted and I'm hand sewing the binding - it's been a while and I'd forgotten how long it is all round the quilt!


This large piece of vintage fabric is perfect for the back - I'll be able to reveal the whole thing next time.

Well, the week ended on an extra high note, Saturday was my birthday and I had good fun at the prison with the quilters then a family meal and presents  - I'm such a lucky person with so much to be thankful for.

And to finish this evening, "I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time.  Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." E.B. White

and another photograph from Phil, this time of South Wairarapa coast rocks -


Thanks for stopping by,
June



No comments: