Sunday 21 August 2011

Something to crow about!



The sun came out for the second day in a row and so did he petals on my lonely anemone.  I just love that rich colour.


I have been tidying up in my sewing room today, actually it's just an excuse to fossick through some of the baskets of scraps where there are so many gorgeous fabrics and the ideas keep coming. 

Recently I did the same thing and came across a pile of fabrics, obviously ready to cut and stitch - fortunately there was an envelope with them and a few scribbled measurements.  I started making the blocks





The instructions said to quarter them and rearrange - but I found that I like them as they are, I like that uncluttered look, so I put them all together and found a narrow border
I even have the binding and backing sorted - should the day ever come that I put it all together!

Another time I came across a place mat - or it might have been a tray cloth - in an Op Shop, and it just had to come home with me.  Who can forget the colours of the kitchens back in the sixties?  This beautiful rooster just had to have his own quilt -

I used the 'No seams match" block to surround him, with plenty of vintage fabric so he feels quite at home -

I haven't sorted out the backing yet, but I seem to remember buying some chicken fabric from a little shop in Selsey when I visited England a few years ago  - perhaps that would be a start - and think what fun it will be searching for it!

My thought for today, "The only limit to our realisation of tomorrow will be our doubts of today."  Franklin Delano Roosevelt

We'll talk again soon
June






1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's a very smart rooster you have there, June. I think he needs a name.