Thursday 18 August 2011

More squares and cats

 I just love these little daffodils - I bought them in pots a couple of years ago, left them with my daughter in law when I went on holiday, took them back when they had finished flowering and planted them - then forgot them!
A geranium plant had smothered them but when it was cut back, they were fine.  Such a lovely bright spot - obviously they thrive on neglect!




It has struck me that many quilters have cats, as I do, so I thought I would introduce you to the two who choose to share my home.

In order of seniority, there is Basil -

He often sits with his paws crossed!  When I adopted him from the SPCA in January 1998 they thought he was about three years old - he has a large tail so was named after Basil Brush.
Then there is Floyd who was a kitten and has to share everything I do - ah yes, put a quilt down and he will find it. 

I wanted to show you also the small four patch quilt that is now quilted - yay! 

I used a stitch on my Janome 6500 and variegated thread, I have used this decorative stitch before and no doubt will again.

And another quilt of squares, this time I came across it in an Op Shop, so brought it home.  It had been badly washed and the turquoise material had bled but a gentle wash with a colour catcher has almost remedied that.


My granddaughters and I are in the process of putting buttons on to tie the squares - don't you love those colours? nothing subtle about this top!

I have several tins of buttons, so we shouldn't run out!

I think I shall do some hand quilting this evening, I have a boxed set of "Auf Wiedersehen Pet" that I am looking forward to seeing again.

Thanks for stopping by.
June






1 comment:

Leanne said...

Love how basil crosses his paws. smile.
Love Leanne