Wednesday 24 August 2011

It's a girl!

And here she is, Amy McPike, better than any flower to open my blog


Isn't she just gorgeous?  Not really a relative, though her grandparents are very close friends and Amy is their first grandchild, so of course I just had to make a quilt!  No surprise that I chose lots of five inch squares and put them together with a gender free sashing - I did think of other colours, but as we didn't know whether the baby would be a boy or girl, it was green or yellow - for me, that is.

I did audition a yellow border but went for the dark one instead.

The cats on the climbing frame just made me smile.  There is plenty of scope for I spy and other stories if distraction is needed!  I hope the quilt will have lots of use.

And now for something completely different, you might remember Patricia Moss from Suffolk in the UK put out a call for New Zealand quilters to make a bell block to be made into a quilt for exhibition at the Birmingham exhibition and later the quilt is to be given to Christchurch.
One of our Arohata quilting tutors, Catherine Watson, is on an overseas tour, she visited Birmingham and sent back photos of the quilt.


And of our two blocks, first Catherine's

Then mine
I shall look out for news of the quilt's arrival in Christchurch.  Did you make a block?

My creative thought for the day is - "Talent develops in quiet places, character in the full current of human life." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I am sure those who survived the earthquakes would agree with that.
Thanks for stopping by
June


1 comment:

raj said...

wow that was a very fine girl and nice art work ..http://www.elevenplus.co