Sunday 18 September 2011

Camisole and Crackers



I know, this is classed as a weed, the good old onion plant, but it still looks so pretty between the rosemary and the er-um climber.

Their perfume will make up for the less than sweet onion smell.

I am having more problems with Blogger, not sure if anyone else is and I have spent ages today trying to find a solution.  People who have my blog on their list of blogs they follow are not getting updates and it all happened after I put up the list of blogs I follow.

If you are not getting my updates please let me know.......

The camisole I want to share is one given to me by my sister; apparently her mother in law made it.  I love the little pintucks and inset lace.


Here is a close up of the lovely inset -


The block from my class I want to share is Cracker.  It works well with five inch squares as each block needs two strips 2" x 5" of the colour, I used brights, and one of cream.  Then one bright square and one cream square, 4.5" each cut in half diagonally.


The bonus from cutting two inch strips from the five inch squares is all the one inch strips which I used for a double border -


Earlier I had made the same pattern using cotton curtaining and somewhat larger blocks, striped fabric works well; this one was made for the Wellington Women's Refuge, one of the Outreach programmes of the Wellington Guild -


The thought from my Girl Guide diary is so relevant with all the rugby fever around, "Without rivals we may become indolent."


Nice talking with you
June

No comments: