Saturday 20 September 2014

Greetings!


Sunset at Wainui beach - what a great way to say 'I'm back!'  Thanks to Phil of course for the photograph, and here's another in quite a different mood,  -


I'll brush over the intervening weeks since I last posted, apologise, and say that some of the winter bugs around are of the persistent kind, they hang around, very much the unwelcome guest!

I've been to a couple of quilt meetings, Capital Quilters meet on a Saturday afternoon and have some great blocks of the month,



That's a good response from members, enough for the lucky winner to make a good size quilt - how would you go about putting it together?  An alternate block maybe, a snowball for instance, or set on point with sashing to make a zig zag?....... so many possibilities!
And what about the block set to be made this month?

Merge like a zip! if only a few more motorists would learn to do that, particularly at the bottom of the Ngauranga Gorge - I've even had one nervous driver in front of me come to a complete stop rather than merge, grrrrr

The other meeting was Pinestream Quilters and that evening the speaker was Lee-Ann Newton - a quilter whose journey has been unconventional, do check out her site.

She showed several quilts, this one made of canvas - I said she is different!

Free standing segments - and touching was encouraged! as can be seen from the next quilt -


And now for something a little different, we had one day of glorious sunshine in the middle of several days of grey, grey weather - Phil captured Oscar in the garden -


There were member's quilts on show, including another Community quilt for someone who loves flowers -



The next quilt appealed because of the enormous variety of fabrics and the strong lines of the setting,


My apologies to the maker or recipient, I obviously didn't take notes - someone with a sense of humour, I think -


I've not done much sewing lately, I shall get back to it soon but have been knitting, another hat for a child and a pair of banana slippers which have to be seen to be believed! and when they are sewn up I shall show you - I'm sure you will all be clamouring for the pattern :)

To close, I want to share a quote by Ralph Emerson, "A true friend is somebody who can make us do what we can." and with a photograph taken some while ago by Phil on  a calm stretch of the Whanganui River.


Thanks for stopping by, it feels good to be back.

June

3 comments:

Leeanne said...

June........such spectacular photo's!!!

Jenny said...

Hi June

Sorry to read that you have been unwell. As you say there are some nasty bugs around. Take care, and get better.

Lisa said...

Hi June, great to read a post from you and one filled with such great eye candy. Do you think that last quilt is the Japanese X and O quilt (or similar name)? It's such a generously colourful quilt.